Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back to School

We had a terrific summer, but last Tuesday it was time for the kids to head back to school! Yeah!! ;) We started shopping at the beginning of August for school supplies (Karina had waited all the way until August when we had gotten the school supply list in June!) and clothes soon after that. This year, both Tristan and Karina were very active in choosing their clothes. (They did well, don't ya think?)
This year Tristan is in 5th grade, which at his school is the oldest! He has a homeroom teacher and goes to other classrooms for science and math. The science teacher did a very cool experiment with an egg and bunson burner the first day of school, so Tristan made a goal to "Be a better scientist." This spring he will get to go to science camp for 3 days and he can hardly wait! This is the last year both kids will be at the same school.

Karina wanted curlers in her hair so she could have curls on the first day of 2nd grade. Karina's teacher is very into art, so Karina is excited to learn from her. Thankfully, one of her very best friends is in her class, so she doesn't have to search for her on the playground. This helps with playground anxiety so much!



What am I going to do all day, you might wonder. Like last year, I try to hit the gym every morning, and then take care of the house in the afternoon. Maybe I'll get some of those projects from last year crossed off my list. (Maybe I won't.) Maybe I'll cook dinners ahead and freeze them. Maybe I'll find a new hobby, or work harder at my volunteer jobs with church, school or the HOA. I've toyed with the idea of a part-time job, too. But I've only had four days to enjoy so far - I'll let you know when (if) I actually feel like I have time to fill up. :)

2 comments:

amber said...

I am jealous of the free time!!!! The kids look so cute!!!

Amy said...

your kids are gorgeous! my daughter is in 2nd grade, too