Monday, August 25, 2008

Caught!

This is my favorite thing to catch my kids doing - reading! And reading together, what a bonus! Both Tristan and Karina have been working on the library's challenge to read 1000 minutes this summer. Tristan has finished and Karina has about 80 minutes to go. They will each earn a set of binoculars and enter for a chance to win a laptop. We love the library!

Got any book recommendations? Leave a comment here and let us know what's good.

(Karina is currently reading Judy Moody, and Tristan is reading Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism. I just finished Austenland by Shannon Hale - fun book.)

3 comments:

TRICIA said...

I was soing to say Goose Girl or Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Also Natalie likes the Fablehaven books. She also just read Book of lies and liked it. Natalie also liked Reading Prince Caspian before the movie came out. Oh and for one to read before the movie--my kids love Tale of Desperoux. Hallie is totally into the Fairy books and Magic Tree House. I like to find things that we can go see after they have read it for a little extra nudge!

TRICIA said...

How could I forget? I love that they got caught reading what good kids!

amber said...

That's so awesome! good job kiddies!!! Angie, I'm glad you got some reading time in too! Were crossing our fingers for that laptop for you!!!! good luck!