Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The new president in the eyes of an 8 year-old

Yesterday Karina and her classmates each wrote a letter to the president about something they wanted to change or have the president do. Since I was working in the classroom later that day, her teacher showed me what she had written. It was something like this:
"Dear Mr. President, Could you please find some more medasins for canser? My uncle Cody and Aunt Alecia have canser and they need better medasin. . ." I was really touched. We've been praying as a family for Jarrett's cousin Cody, a 26 year old who is on hospice with melanoma, and Alecia, his 38 year-old cousin on the other side of the family who is currently undergoing chemo. We also pray for their families, that they might be comforted during this very tough time.

And on a lighter note, this evening Karina tells Jarrett and I, "Did you know I don't like Obama? . . . He made a rule that we can't eat peanut butter!"

We assured her that it wasn't the president's fault!

1 comment:

amber said...

She is so funny! We are praying for Cody too. Hope all is well with you guys!